Fear of 1987 by Dario Argento with Cristina Marsillach and Ian Charleson.
Animated film from 2014 by Rob Minkoff.
Drama from 2017 by Luca Guadagnino with Armie Hammer and Michael Stuhlbarg.
1974 Thriller by Sam Peckinpah with Warren Oates and Isela Vega. P>
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 29 loyalty points. Your cart will total 29 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of 6 kr.
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia concluded a remarkable period for filmmaker Sam Peckinpah. Det bragte to en en 7-årig og syv-film-run of mesterverk som inkluderte tabby-breaking ultra-violence of The Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs, og de mere elegante toner af The Ballad of Cable Hogue og Junior Bonner. A love story that plays out in a brutal environment, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia is sitting somewhere between these moods and may just be Bloody Sam's greatest work, as well as his most autobiographical.
Warren Oates plays Bennie, a piano player in a Mexican bar who gets himself involved in the manhunt for Alfredo Garcia, a man with a million dollar price tag on his head having impregnated the daughter of crime boss El Jefe (Emilio Fernández). Sensing an easy pay day, Bennie takes his girlfriend, Elita (Isela Vega) on a trip that will prove fatalistic for many of those involved.
Under en karriere som var blighted av studiointerferens, Peckinpah ville senere sige at Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia was the only who ended up exactly as he wanted: I did it exactly the way I wanted to. Good or bad, like it or not, that was my movie. And it was. This is as close to Pure Peckinpah as it gets beautiful, violent, troubling, heartbreaking, astonishing.
Note: Limited bonus disc includes - Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron The Director's Cut. Containing more than ten hours of previously unseen interview footage.
Originaltitel:Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Swedish title:The pursuit of Alfredo Garcia's head
Sound:DTS 2.0 HD MA (English)
Picture:1080p High Definition Widescreen
Format:Blu-ray Region B
Country of origin:England (USA)
- Bonusdisc - Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron The Director's Cut
- Brand new audio commentary by Stephen Prince, author of Savage Cinema: Sam Peckinpah and the Rise of Ultraviolent Movies, recorded exclusively for this release
- Audio commentary by Sam Peckinpah scholars Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons and David Weddle, moderated by Nick Redman
- Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron, Paul Joyce's feature-length 1993 documentary featuring interviews with James Coburn, Kris Kristofferson, Monte Hellman, Ali MacGraw, James Robards and others, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever
- The John Player Lecture: Sam Peckinpah, audio recording of the director's on-stage appearance at the National Film Theater
- Four songs by Kris Kristofferson, filmed during the making of Man of Iron
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain
- Extensive collector's booklet containing new writing by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and numerous reprints including interviews and more
Distributor: Strong>Arrow Video